Manufacturing Heat Exchanger Gaskets
On smooth flange applications, metal jacketed gaskets specifically developed as Heat Exchanger Gaskets are greatly used. Heat Exchangers, Autoclaves, Columns, Flue Stacks, Boilers, Gas Mains, Valve Bonnets, Pumps, and other related services can all benefit from them.
Heat exchanger gaskets from Kammprofile have a metal core with concentric grooves on both sides and sealing materials. Graphite, PTFE (Teflon), CAF, or Metal can be used as sealing layers, depending on the service duty (e.g. Aluminium or Silver). Without sealing layers, Kammprofiles can produce a great seal, but there is a possibility of flange surface damage. The Kammprofile gasket has a large seating stress range (lowest to maximum stress).
- Highly suitable for varying temperatures and pressures.
- Less sensitive to assembly faults
- Suitable for light and heavily constructed flanges.
- Depending on layer material Kammprofile gaskets are resistant to temperature up to 1000° C
- Resistant to up to 250 bar of medium pressure
- When assembled the sheet width of the sealing material is very small (0.5mm) thus reducing leaks, reject rates, and environmental pollution.
- The gasket will not harm the flange surface and is simple to remove.
- Even under strong seating loads, Kammprofiles will not harm the flange faces.
- When temperatures and pressures change, this product performs exceptionally well.
- Direct replacement for existing gaskets. No special flange finish is necessary.
There are different grades of Stainless Steel like Low carbon steel, Copper, Brass, Soft Iron, Monel Aluminium, Cupronickel 90%/10%, 70%/30%, Inconel 600,800.
Asbestos millboard, CAF, Non-asbestos, PTFE, and Grafoil are common filler materials. For heat transfer equipment, coolers, condensers, joints, and other applications, we have sufficient capacity to build any shape and size with multiple compartmental ribs made of various materials. When high pressures must be sealed, heat exchanger gaskets are more compressible than sole-metal corrugated varieties and allow greater compensation for flange defects.
Heat Exchanger Gasket Materials
The Heat Exchanger Gasket is comprised of a soft pliable material that is encased in metal, for increased mechanical strength.
The overlapping seams provide significant sitting stress in specific regions, which contributes to the seal’s effectiveness in vital areas. The peripheral ring, which prevents media leakage to the atmosphere, is a critical sealing area. Slight leakage over the pass-bars is permissible because the Manufacturing Heat Exchanger Gaskets for leakage at this point with a calculated efficiency loss.
We are heat exchanger gaskets suppliers who give complete material certification and traceability to our customers. Customers can even have a say in how their parts are made thanks to our quality system.